Alegent Creighton Health, Omaha, NE
Full Time Neuropsychologist – Job ID#40264
Alegent Creighton Health is the largest not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare provider in Nebraska and southwest Iowa with 11 acute care hospitals, a specialty spine hospital, freestanding inpatient psychiatric and skilled nursing facilities and more than 100 Alegent Creighton Clinic locations. As the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools, Alegent Creighton Health and Alegent Creighton Clinic are committed to teaching the health professionals of the future. Our commitment to our patients and their families is high, but the return on that commitment is even higher. We are committed to our employees by ensuring we hire individuals who also believe in enriching the lives of those we serve. If this sounds like you - apply today and join the Alegent Creighton Health team! We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Work volume/productivity is measured by number of hours/units billed biweekly. Expenses are expected to be within the operations budget.
Consult requests are received from various referral sources, including physicians, government agencies, insurance companies, attorneys, etc. It is incumbent on the neuropsychologist, based on their education, training and experience to determine how such consult request will managed. This position must comply with the standards set by JACHO, CARF, hospital policies, APA ethical guidelines, and other accrediting bodies as appropriate.
Following are the major duties and responsibilities regularly preformed and normally assigned to the position:
• Administer, score, interpret neuropsychological test
• Consultation to staff, agencies, and others
• Individual psychotherapy
• Prepare periodic reports of services provided
• Participate in research projects
• Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
• Demonstrates work practices consistent with Alegent Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
• Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
• Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
• All doctoral level staff members of the Department of Neuropsychology have specialty training in Neuropsychology at the doctoral, internship and residency levels.
• This specialized knowledge and skill, across these levels of training, are required for all doctoral level members of this Department.
• What constitutes appropriate training across these levels is described by the International Neuropsychological Society-Division 40 of the American Psychological Association task Force on Education, Accreditation and Credentialing, which has published Guidelines for Specialty Training in Neuropsychology.
• State licensure in Nebraska as health services provider in Psychology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Problem solving skills, analytical thinking, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to deal with behavior problems of patients and families.
• Sound knowledge of the role of all health care disciplines.
• Skills in counseling.
Please apply online at www.alegentcreighton.com/jobs or contact Talent Acquisition Specialist Kim Cadwell for additional information at 402-717-1852 or email@example.com.